MEMORANDUM Nº 04/2021
London, December 2, 2021
The Peace of God. Amen.
As the brethren are aware, the government in England, Wales and Scotland, have recently changed the guidance regarding the restrictions and limitations on socialization that were put in place due to variants of COVID-19, making the use of face coverings in indoor venues mandatory once again.
Therefore, under the guidance of God, it is the recommendation of the Council of the Elders of the Christian Congregation in the UK that we continue to act with prudence and maintain certain precautions that we have put into place to limit the spread of this virus.
We inform to the brethren that the use of masks is mandatory in Scotland and in some halls in England, therefore, the ministry recommends:
- The brethren should use face masks that cover the mouth and nose. Those that have a medical exemption would be excluded from this.
- We will maintain the entry procedures including temperatures checks and hand sanitization upon entry into the halls. Additionally, we will continue to sanitize the halls prior to and after the Holy Services.
- The NHS QR code is available at the entrance of all halls to be scanned by the brethren at their desire.
- We will continue to refrain from greetings, including handshakes, hugs, and the holy kiss prior to, during and after the Holy Services.
- The brethren should be prudent and continue to bring their own bibles, hymnbooks, and veils to avoid having to borrow the same.
As new facts arise and the situation changes, new deliberations may take place, and the brethren should check the CCUK website for the latest updates.
God bless all of you, our dear brethren, who have followed these recommendations.