MEMORANDUM Nº 03/2021
London, July 22, 2021
The Peace of God. Amen.
As the brethren are aware, the government in England has recently changed the guidance regarding the restrictions and limitations on socialization that were put in place due to COVID-19, and we understand that shortly, the restrictions in Wales and Scotland will also be revisited.
We thank God that with these changes, beginning on July 31, 2021, we will return to congregating in the way we had become accustomed prior to the pandemic, albeit incorporating suggestions and additional guidance that the government has provided to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
Therefore, under the guidance of God, the Council of the Senior Elders of the Christian Congregation recommends that we act with prudence and continue to maintain certain precautions that we have put into place to limit the spread of this virus within the Christian Congregation in the United Kingdom. We must also be aware that we must continue to follow the guidance and or restrictions that have been imposed by any of the local halls that we hire.
- We will maintain the check-in procedures including checking temperatures and hand sanitization upon entry into the halls, we will continue to sanitize the halls prior to and after the Holy Services, and we will implement the NHS QR code at every Hall ,should the need arise to inform the brethren.
- We will continue to recommend the use of masks, and we will continue to refrain from greetings, including handshakes, hugs, and the holy kiss prior to, during and after the Holy Services.
- The Holy Services will return to their normal format, including the liberty for testimonies (31/07/2021). Wind instruments will return on August 7, 2021, after a Local Music Rehearsal has occurred in all the respective congregations.
- The brethren should be prudent and continue to bring their own bibles, hymnbooks, and veils to avoid having to borrow the same.
- If a hall does not require a limitation on the number of participants in the Holy Services, then the brethren will be free to congregate when they want
- As a reminder to the brethren, services have not yet returned in Feltham, Nottingham and Peacehaven due to the halls being unavailable
- At this time, the Holy Services in Birmingham will be restricted to the local members of the congregation due to a request from the hall. At this location, the local brethren will continue to use the online reservations system. We kindly ask the brethren to refrain from travelling to Birmingham to congregate, reserving that liberty for the local congregants
- For security and safety reasons, we will temporarily be suspending any refreshments served in conjunction with the music rehearsals.
Finally, we would like to inform the brethren that we will maintain the online collections as well as the collections during the in-person services. The Administration requests that if you participate in the collection online, that in the reference field of the transfer, please write the name of your local congregation. As always, to avoid any fraud, any collections should be sent to the account information as listed on the CCUK’s website (www.christiancongregation.org.uk).
As new facts arise and the situation changes, new deliberations may take place, and the brethren should check the CCUK website for the latest updates.
God bless all of you, our dear brethren, who have zealously followed all these recommendations until now.